Have you been researching the Green Witch path recently? Do you feel drawn to working with nature and the earth element? Are you fascinated by the mysterious forests and magical herbs? If this seems like you, then keep on reading and find out if the Green Witchcraft is a path for you!
Disclaimer: I don’t think you need to label yourself in your craft and in fact it might be a limiting practice. What I believe is that researching various types of witches helps to find your own, unique witchcraft path. This post is a simple guide and a fun way to learn more about different types of witches. Enjoy!
✧ This post contains affiliate links that allow me to earn a small commission from the purchases you make (at no extra cost for you!). ✧
1. You feel a strong connection with Nature
Every Green Witch has a life-long lasting bond with nature. You might be living in the countryside, close to a river or forest, and working on your beautiful garden daily.
You could also be a Green Witch living in a city apartment and always growing a bunch of fresh herbs on a window sill.
It doesn’t matter where you live, but how much you feel connected to nature. Some Witches just see the magic in everything around them and uses these natural elements to practice their craft.
2. The plants you cultivate are sacred to you
How to know you’re a Green Witch? You have always felt that plants have their unique soul and energy! Sometimes you can even feel like they’re talking to you.
You get so in tune with the green friends that it’s easy for you to recognize when they need more sun, water, or fertilizer. Almost like you’re best friends.
3. Green Witches prefer quiet, natural places than shopping malls and city centers
Do you love wandering in beautiful scenery? Walking barefoot on the mossy carpet? Collecting twigs, stones, feathers, shells, leaves, or flowers?
And at the same time, you have trouble staying in crowded places and always need to recharge after being in the shopping mall?
The answer is clear: you were born as a Green Witch! You understand the healing and energizing power of Nature. Next time you feel drained, try going for a long walk to recharge your batteries!
4. As a Green Witch, you have a great collection of Essential Oils and dried herbs
You’re one of these people that love researching essential oils and plant properties. Your friends often come to you for advice when they want to try a new herbal remedy.
And you know that Mother Nature always has the right remedy within her natural kingdom.
5. Animals and insects are drawn to you
Have you ever wondered why dogs and cats always come to you? Or maybe butterflies and bees land on you thinking that you’re a flower?
That’s a great sign to know you’re a Green Witch. Animals can feel your good intentions and calming nature and that’s what makes them love you instantly!
6. As a Green Witch, you live in harmony with rhythms of Nature
Every person that feels this deep connection with nature recognizes the influence of seasons around them.
Spring becomes the time for bringing new ideas into your life. Summer and Fall are great for harvesting the results of your creations. Winter is a time for rest and recharging before the next circle begins.
And every Green Witch (even if you might have not realized it yet) works with the energy of the Seasons subconsciously. Check it yourself!
7. You feel drawn to the Earth Element
The Green Witchcraft is based on natural laws and properties of things we see around us. Five elements: Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Ether are basic concepts in Natural Magic.
If you feel drawn to work mostly with Earth energy, that means you’re a Green Witch. You might like building things with stones and clay, walking bare feet on the grass, or simply digging your garden.
The earth element is your grater support and you have always felt that way.
8. Healthy and green diet is important to you
As a Green Witch, you can feel great empathy for every living being – including plants and animals.
You like to feel thankful and compassionate about your food because you know the natural processes of its cultivation. Many Green Witches try to limit their negative impact on the environment and choose to limit their meat and dairy consumption.
Are you a Green Veggie Witch?
9. You get easily influenced by the weather
Sun energizes you, rain brings emotions on the surface, the wind is responsible for upcoming changes and storms are good for releasing tension.
If you feel that weather has similar effects on your life, you’re definitely a Green Witch!
Follow Merkaba Study to learn more about Natural Magick.
10. You’ve always dreamed about making your own Green Witch Herbarium
I remember making my first Herbarium as a school project and how much joy it had brought to my life! It was a great tool to learn about different herbs and flowers and how to recognize them.
If you’re a Green Witch you’ve probably have done some plant studies or would love to try. You can check my lavender post for some Herbal Grimoire Page inspiration!
11. Your favorite colors are earthy tones
As a Green Witch, you like to dress in earthy colors. Your witchy aesthetic is highly connected to tones that you can find in nature.
There are lots of greens in your surroundings. You might also like to work with beige and browns.
Let me know in the comments which is your favorite color to work with! Whether it is color candles, your favorite decor, or simply the clothes that you wear each day.
9 Best books for a Green Witch
- The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More – Arin Murphy-Hiscock
- Green Witchcraft: A Practical Guide to Discovering the Magic of Plants, Herbs, Crystals, and Beyond – Paige Vanderbeck
- Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows – Ann Moura
- Blackthorn’s Botanical Magic: The Green Witch’s Guide to Essential Oils for Spellcraft, Ritual & Healing – Amy Blackthorn
- Earth Magic: Your Complete Guide to Natural Spells, Potions, Plants, Herbs, Witchcraft, and More – Marie D. Jones
- Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs – Scott Cunningham
- The Modern Witchcraft Guide to Magickal Herbs: Your Complete Guide to the Hidden Powers of Herbs – Judy Ann Nock
- Unofficial 1,000 Magical Herbs and Fungi: Unofficial Encyclopedia of the Wizarding World – Volume 3 – James A. C. Muggleton
- Herb Magic: An Introduction to Magical Herbalism and Spells – Patti Wigington
My name is Eva Maria and I love to create magical content based on my own studies and experience. Merkaba Study is an online grimoire where you can read about crystal healing properties, spells, tarot, and more!