Moldavite has been my fascination for many years since I have first heard about this tektite. Moldavite stone has a reputation for being super powerful and potential for personal transformation. It’s been almost 5 years since I have been discovering Magical Moldavite Properties. From spiritual rollercoasters to finding new passions and following the Heart. It’s really hard to describe the value of that stone with mere words. You just have to feel it yourself!
This post will be a big study upon Moldavite energy, properties, origin, magical uses, and correspondences. I will also tell my personal experience and link to places where you can buy the authentic moldavite from Czech Republik.
Without a prolonged introduction, let’s jump to the post!
✧ This post contains affiliate links that allow me to earn a small commission from the purchases you make (at no extra cost for you!). ✧
Moldavite Meaning, Geology, History, and Lore
Moldavite is a silica-based, glass-like tektite that emerged when a giant meteor hit the Nördlinger Ries Crater in Southern Germany around 15 million years ago. This huge collision possibly formed Moldavite and gave birth to this unique crystal (?) being. This tektite is only found in the Vltava (Moldau) river region in a Bohemian Plateau of the Czech Republic.
Many legends are surrounding its origins, such as it being a Holy Grail in a form of a green stone falling from the sky or an Angel Jewel. This glass-like tektite was indeed formed by extraterrestrial and terrestrial substances melted together. Maybe that’s why many Starseeds are feeling drawn to that piece of jewel.
Moldavite Chemical Compound is Silicon Dioxide (SiO2) with Aluminum Oxide (Al2O3) and other metal oxides.
On a Mohs Scale Hardness it is situated between 5.5 and 7.
Moldavite has been used as a protective amulet since the Stone Age. People believed that this tektite carries a great earthly and cosmic wisdom combined. It was also used as a talisman for fertility and good luck.
Nowadays this stone is extremely rare and there are only 300 tones of Moldavite in the world. It means that there is way less of this tektite than diamonds and it is estimated that by 2026, all of that specimen will be mined. Every year on average the price of Moldavite grows by about 33%.
5 unusual Moldavite effects
- This mossy-green tektite has a very unique vibration. When you first encounter that energy, you might feel a tingling sensation or a heatwave going through your body. Each experience is unique as well as time that you will need to adjust to that stone.
- As a highly transformative gem, Moldavite effects might include rapidly changing circumstances, sudden awakenings, shifts of perspective, and the manifestation of new opportunities. Use moldavite for expanding your awareness and learning more about the energetical nature of existence.
- Moldavite can be a difficult piece to handle. It might cause headaches or sleepless nights. Its high vibration will pull your mind in all directions, opening gateways to new understandings. Unless you are ready for the spiritual rollercoaster, don’t get this stone… yet.
- You might experience sudden changes in your natural way of being. Moldavite can contribute to mindset shifts, diet or appearance changes, and reevaluating your current way of living. Be prepared for the neverending evolution of your spiritual being.
- Moldavite properties are connected to its cosmic origin. You might find a sudden fascination with the night sky and different constellations. It can also bring vivid dreams and visions of extraterrestrial origins. You can use moldavite for lucid dreaming and astral projection work.
If you use Moldavite properties correctly it has the potential to literally transform your whole being! Remember to ground yourself while you work with this gem and cleanse it before each use.
- An extremely transformational stone that will turn your life upside down.
- Great for gaining Spiritual and Cosmic knowledge, finding your origin planet, and connect with Akashic Records.
- Can be used to assist with Astral Projection.
- Great to use when doing any sort of Mediumship.
- For anyone that is a Starseed and experiences difficulties adjusting to earthly vibration, Moldavite stone will help with bringing more light and higher frequencies into your Aura.
- Promotes dreams and memories making it a great stone to use for Past Life Regression.
CAUTION! When using Moldavite make sure to balance the cosmic energies with some grounding stone like black tourmaline, onyx, or obsidian.
Moldavite properties (physical healing)
- A highly vibrational stone that can give you extra energy when feeling overwhelmed.
- It’s a stone connected with the respiratory system and lungs.
- Can help you give up smoking.
- When the cause of the disease is not known it will help to work on the roots of the health problems.
- Heart-Kidney communication.
- Might relieve some flu and anemia symptoms.
- Some people say that moldavite brings youthful energy and it can make you look younger.
Moldavite properties (metaphysical healing)
- It can help you connect with your Cosmic Origin such as Plaiedies, Sirius, Orion, Arcturus, etc.
- Will show you unresolved karma and your path to dissolving it
- Might cause a feeling of spiritual depression known as Dark Night of the Soul
- By being an extremely transformative stone, you can experience some changes in the way you think, bringing more alertness and openness
- It’s a great stone to use when transforming to a new career, especially when following your heart and soul purpose. It will also help you discover those by the way.
- You can use it to connect with your spirit guides of extraterrestrial origins.
- Connecting with your Light Body and enhancing Astral Projection Experiences.
Moldavite Ring, Necklace, Jewelry as a Talisman or Amulet
Since ancient times this tektite has been used as a fertility and protection talisman. Some household items were also carved from that material.
You can wear Moldavite Jewelry to enhance positive transformation, connect with your Cosmic Origin, open your heart chakra, and enhance Astral Projection.
Nowadays Moldavite Jewelry is widely available online, yet before buying anything make sure that your supplier will send you an authentic piece. Unfortunately, it is one of the most commonly faked crystals out there. Be prepared to pay quite a lot of money for a small piece as this unique tektite becomes less and less obtainable!
The best way to get an original Moldavite is to choose a trustworthy supplier. I bought my two necklaces while I was visiting Prague and I paid around 100 dollars for each few years ago.
✦ Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
✦ Planet: Uranus
✦ Element: Fire
✦ Candle Color: Deep Green
✦ Deity: Extraterrestrial Beings
✦ Chakra: Crown and above
✦ Associated crystals: Meteorites, Tektites, Lava, Herkimer
My Moldavite Experience
It’s strange to see how this piece of jewelry has changed my life. I got my first Moldavite Necklace in January 2016. Sometime during that year, I was told I am an Indigo Child of star origin. Since then I started to search for my soul purpose and got introduced to yoga and Ayurveda.
I spend months doing my spiritual practice, discovering more and more about my origins and past lives. One day, while I was doing voluntary work mopping the floors in a yoga center, I experienced the most beautiful time of my life. Everything was so perfect about that simple task I was doing and nothing else really mattered apart from mopping the floor! Shortly after that experience, my moldavite decided to escape from the pendant wire. I glued it a few times afterward but it was always running away from its bezel. So now it founds its place on my altar.
The second necklace I got was also in January, also in Prague but 3 years later. Afterward, I had a major Dark Night of the Soul and it transformed my whole being. I knew I am not meant to put my passions and dreams aside. I had to pursue the way of the Spirit. Yet while doing that there was an urgent need for Shadow Work and releasing what no longer served me. Accepting the place I am now, trying to feel the belonging in this cycle and grounding to my Earth Body.
These are only a few things that have happened because of that extraterrestrial energy locked in Moldavite Pendants. I would highly recommend facing the challenges and working with this stone, whenever you’re ready. I’m sure it will attract itself towards you and hunt you until you get your piece.
Frequently asked Questions
Is the Moldavite toxic or radioactive?
From what I’ve known there is no such evidence. It’s a silica-based, glass-like structure with some metal oxides. I wouldn’t try to ingest it in any way, but a topical application is harmless.
What is Moldavite price per gram?
As a very rare specimen, this tektite costs currently between 10 and 20 dollars per gram for standard quality pieces. This price will likely go up as it is estimated that by 2026 the remaining Moldavite supply here on Earth will be mined.
Where to buy Authentic Moldavite for sale?
A great way to find moldavites is to search through Etsy. You need to be aware of potential fake crystals that are cheaper in price. If it looks too good to be true it just may well be.
Exquisitecrystals.com has a great selection of moldavite at affordable prices with quick US shipping.
Would you like to tell me about your Moldavite Experiences?
Let me know in the comments what was your first encounter with this tektite. I can’t wait to hear about your experiences! Maybe tell me how it transformed your life? Places it has taken you? Your body sensations? I’m really curious! Let’s see, maybe together we can make a separate post with your insights!
Books about Moldavite:
✦ Dunwich’s Guide to Gemstone Sorcery: Using Stones for Spells, Amulets, Rituals and Divination
✦ The Moldavite Message – Amethyst Qu
✦ 101 Power Crystals: The Ultimate Guide to Magical Crystals, Gems, and Stones for Healing and Transformation – Judy Hall
✦ Moldavite: Starborn Stone of Transformation – Robert Simmons
✦ Stone Medicine: A Chinese Medical Guide to Healing with Gems and Minerals – Leslie J. Franks
✦ Healing Crystals: The A – Z Guide to 555 Gemstones – Michael Gienger
✦ Cassandra Eason’s Healing Crystals: An Illustrated Guide to 150 Crystals and Gemstones
✦ Moldavite Magick: Tap Into The Stone Of Transformation Using Mantras – Baal Kadmon
My name is Eva Maria and I love to create magical content based on my own studies and experience. Merkaba Study is an online grimoire where you can read about crystal healing properties, spells, tarot, and more!